Product Update: JPS Legacy Products End of Life Announcement
JPS LEGACY PRODUCTS END OF LIFE
Times are changing and so are we! In order for JPS to continue to provide reliable, long-lasting technologies, we have recognized that our legacy ACU products can no longer be produced in this market. JPS is dedicated to superior customer service and support and will continue to provide support for these products within the limitations of parts availability.
We understand that this announcement is not without impact, and we would like to reaffirm our sincere promise to provide our customers with quality solutions, service, and support.
This end-of-life announcement affects the following:
ACU-2000 (CPM-6, DSP-2, DSP-3, SCM-1, SCM-2), ACU-5000, and ACU-T (CPM-6, DSP-2, DSP-3, SCM-1, SCM-2).
Focusing on the future, we created a migration path in our new Z-Series product line that provides our customers with the ability to enhance legacy equipment with the Z-Series’ expanded capabilities and applications.
JPS Z-Series Communications Gateways:
- Expand interface capabilities to include more types of communications systems (Push-to-Talk over Cellular, MCC Consoles, IP recorders, etc.) in addition to LMR, SIP, RoIP, etc.
- Offer economical dispatch and monitor capabilities, without additional modules
- Provide a straightforward web-based user interface that consolidates features, simplifies software updates/maintenance, and offers user support/troubleshooting tools
- Deliver Wide Area Mode to set up tightly integrated, highly capable, easily built systems
- Ensure backwards compatibility with legacy JPS products, world-class audio, and RoIP protocol
At JPS, we are proud of the legacy ACU’s contribution to your communications solutions, and we will do our best to support and repair these products for as long as we can with the parts we have been diligently accumulating. If you recently purchased an ACU-2000, ACU-5000, or ACU-T, rest assured that the 18-month post-sale warranty still applies. However, at the time of this announcement, we are limited in our ability to continue to produce more. Additionally, updates to the Windows operating system make maintaining WAIS compatibility moving forward unreliable.
We ask that you consider the following recommended replacements to ensure your communication needs continue to be met reliably:
- ACU-T – ACU-M (bundle) or ACU-Z1, Z-Series Controller and RSP-Z2(s) or RSP-Z2 (for flexibility)
- ACU-2000/ACU-5000 – ACU-Z1, Z-Series Controller and RSP-Z2(s) or RSP-Z2 (for flexibility)
Find support documents here: